Monday, August 4, 2008

Seattle Get-a-way!

Pete and I just returned from a fun weekend in Seattle.  Pete was teaching a conference and I followed along.  We were able to spend a lot of time with our friends, the Brooks', shopping and site-seeing.  Marinda and I spent Friday at the mall, getting pedicures and shoe shopping (I got a haircut too, since when am I by myself with the time to get one).  That evening we had a fabulous dinner at a very posh restaurant with incredible views of the sound.  They also served a volcano cake that they lit on fire, very entertaining.  The next day I slept in, then we lunched at the Crab Pot, a fun restaurant where they tie a bib around your neck, give you a cutting board, mallet and small fork, lay some paper on your table and dump out a variety of steamed seafood.  So good, although, pulling off the shrimp heads, eyes and all, was a little unappetizing.

We then headed to Pike's Market where we saw the fish being thrown, and did some shopping.  Afterwards, we hopped in the car for a drive to Bellevue, then to see UW football stadium and surrounding town and lakes.  Early evening, we hit the Space Needle, and then had dinner at a great restaurant, Palisades, with spectacular views of the Seattle skyline at night.  It's always fun to get away with just Pete and I . . . this weekend we're headed to New York City!

Today I had a fun visit from Heather Wimmer and kids, a good friend of mine from Michigan.  It's only been a few years, but it's amazing to see how our kids have grown.  We'll have to return the visit in Kansas City sometime.  Tonight I'm expecting another good friend from Michigan, Andrea Richards.  Sometimes it's nice to live in Salt Lake, so that when people visit their families, we get to see them too!

Project update (since it seems like I always have one):  Madeline's room is just about done.  We switched the kids rooms around, complete with new paint jobs.  Maddy now has pink walls, one wall with wide green stripes.  I also just finished making slip-covers for her new bed.  I'll take a picture and post it once her chandlier and curtains are up.  It's looking good.

No comments:

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake