Sunday, July 27, 2008

Golf is a Fun Date! (And other weekend stuff!)

We did a little babysitter swapping with my brother Don and his wife Jodi this weekend, which meant a fun night with cousins on Friday, and Pete and Nicole time on Saturday night.  The kids have been begging us to sleep out on the trampoline, so after our cute cousins went home, Mitch, Maddy and Jake slept out on the tramp.  Being the over protective mother that I tend to be, I slept on the couch with the door open so I could be sure to hear any prowlers or other such dangers.  It gave me the opportunity to finish my book, "The Doctor's Wife" and begin another, "Mrs. Perfect", which I finished today, Sunday.  How pathetic is that . . . 4 books this week, but don't look at my laundry piles.  Ya gotta have priorities, right?
Saturday, we went on a family bike ride on the Porter Rockwell Trail in Draper.  To load 5 bikes and a baby seat, we had to empty out the mini-van, load it up with bikes and then load the kids in the Armada.  We had a great time, although I can't say I got much exercise.  We went 2 miles in 47 1/2 minutes, a cake walk after biking the marathon this spring, 26 1/2 miles in 1 hour and 45 minutes. (That's another story . . . I rode my mountain bike rather than a road bike, unnecessarily tripling the work effort, and I finished with only 2 minutes to spare, but hey, I finished.  Next year I'll try with a road bike.)  Anyhow, our goal this summer is to get Mitch and Maddy riding bikes without training wheels.  Our Michigan neighborhood was so ideal for learning to ride a bike, our Salt Lake house, not so much.  Last summer, Mitch fell off his bike and gouged a hunk of skin out of his thigh, leaving him with no desire to ride a bike.  This bike ride was to help him get over his fears . . . I think we were successful!
After dinner at Arby's (I know, gross, but my kids thought it was awesome), we dropped them at Don and Jodi's and hit the golf course.  I haven't golfed since I was pregnant with Tyler, but I recently purchased these sweet red with white stripes, Addidas golf shoes (on sale of course), thinking that if I ever did golf again, my shoes would be awesome!  Thus, my incentive, to wear my cute shoes.  Anyhow, we only golfed seven holes because it got dark, but I beat Pete on the last hole (we won't mention the other 6).  It made for a fun date.  We walked instead of taking a cart, so we got a bit of exercise.  Now Pete thinks I'm totally hot, because what husband wouldn't think that of a wife willing to spend her free time on the course.  I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun to see your family in the blog world. I saw the link on Kim's. You have an adorable family! Your kitchen is beautiful! I'm glad all is well for you and Pete. Check out our blog barb-brad.blogspot.com

caligirl said...

Yeah! I was so excited to see you have a blog. The kitchen looks AMAZING. I am so impressed. You can come help me with my renovations:-) I am so sad we aren't going to LP! Maybe next year. Keep in touch. We miss you guys.

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake