Saturday, August 30, 2008

Peter vs. Nicole

I just thought I'd tell you about my Saturday night . . . a good one, but notice the contrast in my day, and a typical day for Pete this past week.

Me first . . . I took my 3 kids and my nephews John and Keith swimming at Cottonwood Heights. We got pizza for dinner, and the kids played in the yard until dark. Mitch, Madeline and Keith dug a big hole and played with rocks.

Tyler and John created some game where they each rode a different vehicle, John the Big Wheel, Tyler a Green Plastic motorcycle, and they battled with orange cones worn on one arm . . . hilarious, or as Tyler says "he yar e us!"


Now Pete and Jake, on the other hand, have been fishing and viewing whales all week in Alaska. Notice how close the whales are to their little fishing boat. Apparently, between my boys and Brian and Spencer, we will have 32 halibut and 6 salmon . . . 232 pounds worth of fish. It's a good thing I like seafood. They will also bring home amazing memories of a once in a lifetime experience! How cool is that?


Mostly I'm just glad Pete and Jake are coming home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have enjoyed the fruits (fish) of my in-laws fishing trips in Alaska. It is great! You'll have t to post all the different ways you have found to cook so many pounds of seafood.

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake