Wednesday, August 13, 2008

One of those days!


It's nice to have an online journal to record those days that you could do without . . . today, and probably yesterday would be days I'd probably strike from my calendar!  I was rushing around this morning, asking where to find Glycerin (no one knew), trying to get 75 water balloons blown up and super bubble mix made for a Primary water party, when I hear Madeline scream, "Tyler fell and he's totally bleeding."  So I rush downstairs to find Tyler laid out on the hardwoods, screaming, his mouth full of blood.  He had fallen off a bar-stool flat on his face and bit his tongue in the process.  So I soaked a rag with cold water, trying to see how bad the injury was, and called Pete to see what I should do (one of the benefits of being married to a physician).  Pete said tongues heal quickly and there was nothing they could do in the E.R. unless it was hanging more than half way off.  Thank goodness that was NOT the case, so instead, I continued to have him suck on the wet rag, and ran to find the Tylenol.  I had to make all the necessary calls to cover my jobs at the party, and then hoped Ty would stop crying and hurting so much.  Kids are amazing--in 30 minutes, just enough time for the Tylenol to kick in, he was playing and singing in his room.  Unfortunately, he has hardly eaten today since it really hurts with this deep cut on his tongue.  Poor kid.

I have to say though, upon reflection, that even bad days, like yesterday when a certain friend of mine told me for the second time that she just couldn't be friends with me anymore, have there positive moments.  For instance, Tyler is humming the Rocky Theme in the background as he plays Zingo, and Jake and Madeline were actually laughing and playing on the trampoline together.  Another plus, Madeline decided she really wanted to wash my car today.  How adorable to watch Madeline and Tyler, soaping down my mini-van.  So even on a day when it would be nice to crawl back under the covers, I'm thankful for the little things that continue to make me happy. 

P.S.  Did I mention that chaos sets in soon again at the Fisher household?  Jake is already practicing football 5 times  a week and Mitch starts soccer tonight.  

2 comments:

Mel Sims said...

WHAT??? A "friend" told you she can't be friends anymore?? Hu?? Sounds like you need a little Mel. =] Hope the next few days are better, Nic!

nickyfish said...

Thanks Mel! It's a long story, I'll have to tell you one day, but it's the result of two friends who are getting divorced, and the wife wants us to choose her. We've tried to be friends with both of them, but she won't have it. I feel badly for this individual (since we're no longer friends), but I don't think hating your ex should be the biggest criterion for friendship. Oh well. The last few days have been much better.

How's Colorado? Did you buy a house or are still in your in-laws house? I hope you're all doing well and happy. Nicole

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake