Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to school already!

Is it really already time to go back to school?  Where did the summer go?  We've already begun soccer and football, we're meeting teachers on Friday, and today we did back to school shopping.  Mitch starts on Monday, Madeline on Tuesday, and Jake starts a week later since he'll be in Alaska the first week of school.  I can't believe that I'll have 3 of my kids in all day school and only Tyler at home, although, he's still 3 years away from starting kindergarten.  What'll I do with all that time?  I can think of lots I should do, like organize my drawers and closets, clean the basement, catch up on laundry.  What I feel like doing is getting a pedicure, some highlights, maybe a little shopping, actually the possibilities are endless!  How nice.

The kids and I hit the Park City outlets today to buy some school clothes.  Interesting that how they choose clothing is so like their personalities.  Jake only liked sports themed t-shirts (2) and I had to talk him into buying jeans.  Mitch was nice and polite as always, very appreciative of being allowed to choose his own clothes--his faves are long sleeved t-shirts and jeans.  Madeline is my little fashion diva--she already has strong opinions of what she likes, so it's fun to go together and reach a compromise.  Every year she ends up with the most, because I have a hard time sticking to my own rules.  For instance, on the way up the canyon, I said they could each only get 3 to 4 outfits and we'd hit Target for the essentials.  When it comes to choosing between cute girl clothes, I end up saying, "Oh, let's just get them both."  Not good, I know. Tyler, thankfully, was asleep in the stroller, or none of the above could have occurred.

Anyhow, as much as I love back to school and the fall season, I can't help but wonder how the years keep flying by . . . my kids are growing up too fast! 

I think tomorrow will be haircut day, since my eldest and youngest have become hippies this summer! 

No comments:

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake