Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day at Lagoon



We at the Fisher household are happy to have Pete and Jake home from Alaska. They, thankfully, had Labor Day off from school and work to catch up on sleep and spend some time with us before business as usual. The kids voted that we spend Labor Day at Lagoon. We had a great afternoon, albeit an expensive one! Mitch and Madeline rode on the rickety, old, white roller coaster and the Wild Mouse before deciding that roller coasters made them sick to their stomachs. Pete had to endure those with all the kids, plus the Spider and Wicked. He looked a little green after Wicked, so I rode the Colassus the Fire Dragon with Jake. One ride was enough for me to realize that I don't really love puking at amusement parks anymore (it happened once). The little kids rode all the little rides, and Jake was content to ride all the rest of the big rides on his own. Thankfully it wasn't very packed because there had been rain in the morning. I think my favorite part of the day was watching the Rock U 2 show, lots of great dance choreography and music.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm totally jealous. We intended to go to Lagoon for Labor Day but the weather scared us away. At 10:00 a.m., which is when we would have left it was a torrential downpour and the morning weather person (whom shall remain nameless-but we went to CHS with her) said it would rain off and on all day. We went to Classic Fun center instead. When we came out at 1:00 it was a great day. But by then we had already spent $50 bucks so Lagoon was out. I'm glad you had fun, that would have been funny to run into you guys there. By the way, I don't have much advice on cooking your fish. I usually just grill it with some lemon-pepper seasoning or fresh rosemary. My mother in-law bakes it with spinach ad diced tomatoes.

Amy said...

Hi Nicole!! So excited to finally get in touch. You and Pete look like you haven't aged a bit! Can't wait to see you.

HW said...

I think you're cute. We did the same thing here. I think Labor Day is often an overlooked time to go to amusement parks--the lines were short!

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake