Monday, February 16, 2009

Toile Fiasco

So I love toile (that's the black and cream background now showing on my blog page). But what's up with all the pictures and writing extending over the edges? It took me so long to figure out how to change it--actually I changed it on accident--but still, I think I'll stick with it for awhile, but does anyone have suggestions as to how to make my writings fit on the page? I'd appreciate it!

Pete's off on another adventure, this time to Canada to heli-ski!. That means that a helicopter will drop him in the high, impossible to reach places to ski. He had to take an avalung incase he's caught in an avalanche, and some special beeper. I'm sure he'll have the time of his life--I just hope he comes home alive! Here's to being a single mom for the week! I think we're getting take out for dinner--pizza? chinese? maybe a movie and popcorn? We'll see . . .

Classic Jake story to relay. Since it's President's Day, all the kids are home, and social Jake wanted to play with a friend. I hear the phone ring, then Jake comes upstairs and says, "Hey mom, some kid named Timmy just called and wanted to play, so I told him to come over. Can you think of any of my friends that have the name Timmy or that sounds like Timmy?" So I say, "Seriously, you just invited some kid over and you don't even know who it is? What if it's someone you don't even know, or worse yet, a girl?" (Jake thinks girls are pretty lame right now, but girls keep calling him). Thankfully, when the friend showed up, he did know him, his name is Simi not Timmy. It's just such a classic Jake move--he'd rather take his chances on playing with someone he doesn't even know that go a day without hanging out with friends. So now I have Rami, Simi, Taylor and Jake playing basketball on the driveway. Happy President's Day!

No comments:

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake