Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Reading . . . and Valentine's Day!

I just finished reading a great book that I'd highly recommend . . . "The Guernsey LIterary and Potato Peel Pie Society." It was recommended to me by my mother-in-law and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's set before and during the German Occupation of the Channel Islands in WWII. The authors present the story in letters, a writing style I typically don't like, but that worked for this book. The characters are very endearing, plus it's an interesting look at what life was like for these people during WWII. It has all the great components of a good book-humor, romance, tragedy-plus it's a quick read. Read it and then tell me what you think! Happy Reading!!

P.S. I also finished reading my second Christopher Paul Curtis, my niece's favorite author, "Bud, not Buddy." Also a great book, great to recommend to 5th/6th grade kids to learn about black history.

No comments:

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake