Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Part II



We have really had a busy, but fabulous last couple of days around the Fisher household. In my last post, I alluded to the end of my week--Halloween Parade, Halloween, etc. The following are the all the details!




Thursday the kids had school parade at 9:15am. Since our school does a Storybook Parade and the children are encouraged to bring the book their costume is based upon, we did a late night run to Barnes and Nobles to get books for Thursday. Jake decided to be Bobby Pendragon, although Thursday he changed his mind and was Steve Nash from some basketball team in Arizona. Mitch had decided early on to be the werewolf from one of the Goosebumps series books. Madeline had picked a cute, sparkly army girl costume, so we decided she looked most like Hannah Montana and went with that idea (kind of defeats the idea of using books as inspiration when you do it backwards, but hey! I tried!) In the audience, I had Bumblebee the Transformer. It was an early day out for the kids so we headed to Gardner Village to see the witches display and buy a birthday gift for a friend of Madeline's. Pete took Jake and Mitch to the Haunted Village haunted woods that evening, while I hung out with Tyler and shopped, and Madeline went to a "Ghoul-friends" spa party.






Friday morning we headed to the Hogle Zoo. We hadn't been there for awhile and the kids had a great time. They've made some nice improvements at the zoo and it was a beautiful warm fall day here in Salt Lake. I have to admit, I really miss living in that part of the city. Maybe someday . . .



Jake had football practice at 1pm, so we headed home, the kids to play, me to cook. I made Vermont Cheddar Cheese soup, homemade apple pie with apples from my backyard tree and mummy dogs for the party at our neighbors house. I think I stood in my kitchen from 2pm to 6:15pm cooking, but it's fun to do that sometimes (not all the time mind you.)



Our neighborhood party was very fun. We ate out on our friends front patio, then trick-or-treated, returning to our friend's home to dance and visit. I hope it turns into a neighborhood tradition because it was great seeing so many neighbors and friends. Our street doesn't get many trick-or-treaters, so we enjoyed being in the midst of all the action. Some classic Tyler stories. We got to his church teacher's home and he was very tired, so when a Kit Kat was dropped into his wet, dragged on the ground pillowcase, Tyler asked "What was that red thing you put in my bag?" Pete dug out the candy bar, to which Tyler said that he didn't want it. When asked if he wanted another treat, he looked in the basket and said "No thanks, I don't want nothing." At the next house, he did the same thing. Since when do kids refuse free candy? We figured it was time to strap him in the stroller to give him a break. A bit later, he was running to a door, and Mitch beat him to it, so he sat down on the door step and started to cry. It happened to be another family who knew him, so they appeased him with a sucker, but that's when he was relegated to the stroller for the rest of the evening.



I hope you all had an enjoyable Halloween as we did!

3 comments:

Marinda said...

Your pies look sooo delicious. I'm so impressed. Sounds like a fun night.

Please tell me Pete's shiner is real! He needs a good smack sometimes. :)

awindowsillview said...

It's so fun to see pics of your cute kids - love that Jake was Steve Nash - we love him! I love hearing what you're up to...I bet Friday was perfect for the zoo, such a great idea! p.s. I've been reading about your costume for so long...it's nice to finally see a picture - too funny!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great halloween! I must say I feel like I spend hours a day standing in the kitchen, but I never have any delicious apple pies to show for it. Your pies looked so yummy!

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake