Thursday, November 20, 2008

Follow up to Braces Post

So . . . I don't know yet if we won the contest for free braces! I hope we do. After getting a quote for what it would cost me to get braces, I won't be getting them unless it's free or I can save for the next five years. If I forgo the braces, for the same price, I could buy a new couch, an entire new wardrobe, refinish my deck that's about to fall off my house, or any number of other great things! Now, the thing is, I'm a bit vain about teeth. I've never had braces and always had fairly straight teeth, but my bottom teeth are a bit crowded and I have a small gap between my front teeth that often resembles a small raspberry seed stuck between the teeth. The question is . . . what's more important? My vanity or developing a sense of practicality? I may still opt to be vain in the long run, but for now, I think I'll save the cash, and cross my fingers and hope to win the contest. I suppose for now, I'll have to appease my vain side with a pedicure/manicure! Just yesterday, I chose a great red, and had them paint the cutest Christmas wreaths on my big toes . . . very satisfying and much cheaper than braces!

P.S. I finished a really fun book . . . "The Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale. The author was born and raised in Utah (U of U grad) and weaves a great tale based on the Brothers Grimm The Goose Girl (not a fairy tale I was familiar with). I thoroughly enjoyed it, as evidenced by my messy house, since I've done little else but read for the last 24 hours in an attempt to finish it for my book club tonight.

1 comment:

Byron said...

Now I have never, ever noticed that your teeth are anything but great, so definitely stop beating yourself up and go do some fun stuff to your house. Loved Goose Girl by the way. Read S.H.'s other books too, they're fun quick reads.

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake