Monday, November 3, 2008

Closer to 40 than 30 and the Age of Accountability!

So I am officially a year older as of Saturday! Although I refused to accept being 36 until 10:21pm on the first, my official birth time! Pete treated me to a spectacular birthday surprise--verging on extravagant, okay . . . totally over the top, but it was very fun. When I woke I was presented with tickets to the Ballet West Gala performance and a shopping trip to buy an outfit for the event. Pete's birthday is next Sunday, so he got a new suit as well. I also got plane tickets for a girl's trip to NYC with my daughter Madeline, and an over-nighter next weekend with Pete at Sundance. Granted, these gifts are combined gifts--for both Pete and I, but still, I think he over did this year!

Before all the excitement began, we attended Jake's playoff football game against Bingham who beat us 24 to zip! The first half was well played, we just couldn't score. The second half, they trounced us! Jake had some great tackles the first half that made it all worth it though.

After the game, we took the family to see High School Musical-Senior Year, which I loved, cheesiness and all, and stopped for frozen yogurt. That evening, we attended the ballet and ate dinner at Benihana's Japanese steakhouse. I've never eaten there, but always wanted to because it was my friend Suzanne's favorite place in high school. Fun to finally go after all these years!

Sunday we had a nice relaxing day at home. I, along with the rest of the Primary presidency, were released on Sunday. It's been such a great calling, I was a bit sad, but I have started feeling like I've lost my touch, so it's probably a good thing.

Monday was Mitch's birthday--a big year since he's old enough to be baptized. We had a nice family dinner and tonight is his big party at a "bounce center". Should be fun!

Anyhow, we had an incredible snow storm today--I loved waking up to 2 inches of snow, and it's continued to snow all day. It's beautiful outside! Sorry to those of you who hate snow, but I really do love it! I'll admit though, that I hope it melts in a few days. Happy snow day!

4 comments:

HW said...

Happy Birthday Nicole! It sounded wonderful.

Janie said...

Happy Birthday!! Wow, you got a lot of great presents! But, I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! What great gifts, NY with your daughter will be so fun! I'm glad you had a good day.

caligirl said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day. Girls trip to NYC...how fun! We are looking foward to seeing you guys in a few weeks:-)

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake