Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Jake's First Day of School


FINALLY! Jake has begun school after a great hiatus in Alaska. He rode his bike to school . . . I walked today with Maddy and Mitch since I didn't reach my goal of teaching them to ride their bikes without training wheels this summer. When asked what Jake's favorite part of school was, I got this, "Recess, no . . . lunch." When I told him to tell me something that was part of school, not the breaks from school, he said "P.E. was awesome because we played dodgeball." Do you get the idea he's not back in school mode yet? He also had football practice tonight, so it's going to be a busy week of catch-up. Madeline also started dance today, tap and jazz. On Thursday's she'll take ballet and hip-hop. Should be fun, although her tap shoes are too small, so we need to buy the third pair in three years! Why does she have to grow-up so fast.

Poor Pete got home and back to work too. After a busy day at the office, he came home to edge and mow the lawn, take out the garbage and spend an hour at Young Men's. I feel bad, but it's kind of our life. My niece asked me if I said I missed him everyday because her mom said it everyday, many times. At first I felt bad that I hadn't said it that often, I definitely missed him, but aside from the weekends and at night, it wasn't that much different than a normal day! I guess that's the life of a doctor's wife! The good part is that when he is home, we always have a great time, I just wish he was around more often!

Oh yes! I got another great buy today! A wing chair for $40. Granted, it's not the best fabric, but it has a good shape and will look fabulous re-upholstered! Now I have 5 chairs that look old and ratty but have great shape and would look great re-upholstered. Either I need to take an upholstery class or stop buying these chairs. I suppose we all have our weaknesses.

6 comments:

Wendi said...

:) ahhh the first day of school! Big breath no matter what, eh? I loved reading about your winged back chair fettish. :) Awesome. Thanks again for your soccer jersey donations-they were a huge huge hit!

margo said...

Hey Nicole-
I found your blog through Dani's blog. You and Pete have such a darling family. I don't think I have seen you guys since high school graduation. I have so many great memories of you two throughout jr high and high school. It sounds like you are doing well -- it's fun to see your pictures. Tell Pete hi for me. My blog is Lybbfam.blogspot.com

Byron said...

You have a blog!!! I come and go with the blog browsing, so it has been a while. I am so glad to read some of the updates. You all look great and sound very happy and BUSY! Hopefully with school back in I will be able to keep up a bit better. See you in the funny paper!

awindowsillview said...

nicole...I found your blog through Dani's and had to leave a note...so fun to read about your cute family (i'm adding you to my list). I loved seeing the pics of Pete and Jake in Alaska and the whales - that was pretty cool! I'll be checking in...keep in touch. Steph Sill

awindowsillview said...

nicole...i was so excited to see your name on dani's blog so I had to check it out...so fun to read about your cute family. I love the pics of Pete and Jake in Alaska with the whales right next to them - pretty cool. I'm adding you to my list so i can check in on you...keep in touch. Steph Sill

Tony&Dani said...

NICOLE!!

I found you! Your family is darling! We need to play soccer again together. That was so much fun. I loved just being able to see you, Steph and Kim. It looks like life is treating you well!

Take Care,
Dani

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake