Friday, September 26, 2008

Sad News

I am very sad to hear today that a friend of mine has a rare form of liver cancer. This is a friend from my street, one of my favorite of the many great people on my street, who moved in January. We served in the ward Primary together for the last few years until she moved. I love chatting with her, she would often stop on her way to her house and we'd talk sports and house decorating. Anyway, she is very enthusiastic about starting chemo and radiation next week and kickin' this illness. My prayers go out to her and her family. She is so healthy and athletic, she didn't even know she was sick until she'd lost 20 lbs. and her husband started to worry about her. She is an amazing mother and person--if anyone can get through this, I know she can and will. The crazy thing is that she feels great and other than weight loss and loss of appetite, her life has been completely normal. It's a good reminder to have regular health check-ups, and to ask questions if all isn't well. I wish my friend luck in beginning chemo and pray that she can be made well.

I also have another friend whose husband's job is in peril due to the failing of Lehman's Bank. She is due with her third baby in January and also facing a great chance of moving. I know this affects a lot of individuals and families, and my heart goes out to you as well.

No comments:

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake