Saturday, July 19, 2008

Jake and Spencer's Water Party



This past Tuesday, I consented to throwing a party for my 10 year old son Jake, and my nephew Spencer, also 10.  The previous week, they had spent a good part of a Saturday, creating water games, making invitations and planning for the event.  How can you turn down a party when most of the works been done for you?  They came up with great games, a  few favorites being "Droplets of Doom" or "Feeling the Pain", both of which consisted of boys being squirted with a hose until they couldn't take it anymore.  My favorite part of the invitation was the line "parents don't worry, we've tested all the games and your children will be safe."  Classic.  The part of the invitation I was least happy with was the 12-4:30pm party time . . . fifteen 10 year old boys for 4 1/2 hours!  But we had a great time.  I stocked coolers full of water bottles and soda, and the boys ate pizza, 4 1/2 bags of chips (unbelievable), otterpops, and all sorts of other treats.  Oh yes, they also had a Guitar Hero tournament, and Jake was the ultimate winner.  I wonder if that has anything to do with his creating the bracket list--did I mention Jake is very competitive?  Anyhow, I think we'll make it a summer tradition.  There's not much better than a bunch of happy, laughing kids hanging out during the summer.  

No comments:

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake