Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Another funny Tyler moment!

This morning, my kids were running late, which necessitated me driving them to school. Since I get out the house so little these days, Tyler and I went on a short drive. I was listening to a mixed CD I made, and a song by Madeleine Peyroux came on. Tyler said, "Mom, can we please listen to a boy song now." To which I replied, "Yeah, after this song is over . . . I like it." Then Tyler said, "But mom, this song is inappropriate (in his own pronunciation--it's a hard word)." I laughed, saying "Really, why?" To which Tyler said "It says a bad word. It says . . . (pause as he tries to think of a really bad word) FART. You know, I tooted, I farted, I got electrocuted." Though I'm thankful that's as bad of a word as he could come up with, I couldn't help but think, "Why does my 3 year old say those kind of things and when did he learn to manipulate so well?" Thankfully, by the time we finished our conversation, a "boy song" came on (Pink Floyd), which apparently was appropriate. Good thing he didn't notice the one bad word in that song!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for leaving a comment, I didn't know you had a blog and it's been so much fun catching up with your family! That Tyler sounds like quite the character!

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake