Sunday, October 4, 2009

Thriller Inspiration

Okay, some of you may be wondering why I posted dance steps to Thriller. My cute friend Talli from California told me about how she and some ladies in her stake performed Thriller, so when we decided to do an October Enrichment night called Good Things Willow Creek, I decided Thriller might be a fun entertainment segment (Good Things Utah is a morning show here in Utah, that often has groups perform). Anyhow, we have 10 ladies willing to join in the fun and perform Thriller. My friend Talli posted her video on her blog--you can find her on my friends page, if you want to watch her video. Great inspiration for "zombie character and costumes"! Maybe I'll post our video if one is made that evening!! So that's what I've been doing in my spare time--choreographing and practicing Thriller! Love it! Erin, I loved Thriller as a kid too. I had the opportunity a year ago to teach Thriller to the 4th Grade at Ridgeline Elementary School, which they performed for their Spring Dance concert. As my son's 6th grade P.E. (volunteer) teacher, I thought it would be a fun October gym class to teach them a simplified version of Thriller too. Maybe I'll attend Odyssey's Thriller this month and make it complete. Anyhow, thanks to all the cute ladies in my ward who are helping me out and making my original ideas even better. Now we have a fog machine and black lights--should be awesome!

1 comment:

caligirl said...

I am so excited to hear how it goes. I am sure it will be great. I think it is so fun that you are teaching at the school too. My kids loved doing it with me. Megs and Abby almost had the whole dance down. I hope all is well with you guys. Hope to see you soon!!

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake