Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ughhh! Girl fights!

I am not prepared to help my daughter deal with the often cruel world of being a girl. She's only a second grader for heaven's sake--can't it wait until she's in Jr. High? I was a shy, quiet little girl, who usually had a few close friends, rather than big groups of friends. I remember girls being mean, my reaction usually to just kind of fade out of the picture. But my Maddy is a social child, and though I'm sure the problem is in part of her own making, its really hard to witness. When we first moved to this house, I was so happy that we had two little girls Madeline's age living next door, but now I'm realizing that having a little distance from friends can be a good, though less convenient, thing. I'd love some suggestions on how to deal with this not very fun problem.

1 comment:

Janie said...

If you figure out the answer to this problem you will have figured out one of the mysteries of the universe! Good Luck!
I am sure she will be fine with such a great role model mom to teach her the proper way to act and react to other girls.

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake