Sunday, October 12, 2008

Snow in October

Two points of interest: first, I cancelled my facebook account, and second, I really love fall. Now those things said, I will make my explanations.

First, I cancelled my facebook account because it's too easy to get pulled into it and distract from the stuff I should be doing. For example, rather than look at facebook, I could exercise, clean my house, spend time with my family, finally finish the quilting projects I started a very long time ago. I had a great time reconnecting with old friends, but it's time to be done with that in my life.

Second, I really do love fall, but the snow storm in October was extremely beautiful. I just hope we're not set for winter yet. We woke up to a beautiful snow storm with several inches of snow. I love the snow--it's so beautiful, and blankets the earth in such peacefulness. Our kids were so excited, that they put on their snow clothes and made a snowman. It was still warm enough that the snowman melted within a half hour, but then we were hit with another snowstorm during church. I really hope it doesn't mean winter's begun because I still want to get more bike rides in this fall, but it was a gorgeous way to spend Sunday at home. I thought I'd share some pictures of my flowers, still in bloom, covered in snow, and the gorgeous view from our bedroom.


Yesterday, after another football win for Jake, and a cancelled soccer game for Mitch, Pete and I attended the BYU vs. New Mexico game. Pete's sister and parents also attended, so it was fun to visit with them. We were able to go down on the field before the game and see the players warm up and do the "hukka". Then we spent the next few hours watching a fun, but down right chilly game. Thankfully the Cougars were victorious!

2 comments:

awindowsillview said...

Can you believe this snow?? Don't you love seeing your kids excitement when it snows?! My boys had bowls of snow at the table to enjoy with their dinner:) I love reading your adventures and thoughts...you are such a great writer...I've also had the same thought about fb, I only recently opened mine, but would rather blog and keep in touch this way...I would love to plan a nite out to Italian Village - let's do it!

Anonymous said...

I was complaining about the 85 degree weather in September....now I'm not so sure I'm ready for winter! The pics from the snow at your house are beautiful. You have a good point about FB and I admire you for doing what you thought was best. By the way, if you guys plan a nite out at Italian Village I'd love to be included. I love that place and I'd love to see everyone!

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake