Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Motivation

I am happy to report that I am finally motivated to start training for the ULCER bike ride I'm doing on Aug. 8th. I signed up for the 111 miles--I may or may not make that, but I've been out for a few rides and I'm feeling much better. Last night I rode with my friend Kim, whose also doing the ride. Today I rode alone. I've also been playing tennis in the mornings with some friends. I may not have reached my weight loss and healthy living goals yet, but it feels good to be working toward it!

I had a great trip with my family to Vancouver, Washington to visit Misty and her family, and to participate in the blessing of adorable baby Cohen. I am off on another adventure in an hour, so I don't have time for details now, but I am grateful to have such a great family!

Summer Reading Recommendations:

A Veiled Deception by Annette Blair (this was a really fun, light, mystery read--definitely chic-lit, but great!)
Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
Mrs. Perfect by Jane Porter
My Enemy's Cradle by Sara Young
I Capture the Castle by Dodi Smith
The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
Plain Truth by Jodi Piccoult
Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner
Something Borrowed; Something Blue; Baby Proof; Love the one your with all by Emily Giffin
Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
Cold Sassy Tree
The Book Thief
The Red Tent
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Happy Reading!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the summer reading list. I have been looking for a good book to read and have not read most of those. Good luck with the training and the Ulcer!

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake