Sunday, November 1, 2009

37 and laying in bed!

I must have over done Thursday night and Friday at the gym, because Saturday, Halloween, I ended up laying in bed all day with chills, a terrible sore throat, the works. Is it H1N1? I don't know, but today, though I'm feeling a little better, I'm going to take it easy. I have been sick Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and now Sunday. I don't count Friday, because though I didn't feel 100%, I felt well enough to get a few things accomplished.

My family is treating me well though. I got breakfast in bed this morning, as well as gifts and homemade cards from the kids. I have a bunch of church responsibilities, but Pete is very capable and helping me out today. So, though its not the most exciting way to spend my 37th birthday, it could be worse!

The kids had a great Halloween without me. Jake played his last football game, then Pete took the kids shopping and to watch my nephew's football game. That evening, the kids trick-or-treated, while Jake and his buddies set up a "haunted house" around our backyard. Surprise, surprise, we ran out of candy this year. In the past 3 years we've lived here, we have had very few tricker treaters, so we didn't buy very much candy (plus I was trying to avoid temptation while I'm on my diet). This year, we had to break into our kids snack packs and ran out of everything! Yeah! That's one of the things that has been different about living on our street. Its very private, which is great, but then you don't get trick-or-treaters! Sometimes I miss living in a neighborhood, but I'm having a hard time convincing any members of my family to want to move. That's okay! We have a great house, schools, ward, and nice neighborhoods near us. Plus, we really have great neighbors on our street--I definitely can't complain!! I just have a "boredom" virus that likes to mix things up a bit, and moving sounds like a good way to do that!

I'm starting to ramble, I think I'll take a nap. Here's hoping that I'll finally be well tomorrow!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Sorry you're sick. But I hope your birthday was at least relaxing. Happy Birthday from all of us!

Mel Sims said...

Not fair, sick on your bday.....bleh! I hope you're feeling better, and that you had a wonderful birthday!!

HW said...

Happy birthday, Nicole! I hope you're feeling better.

July 4th

July 4th
Maddy and Me

The Boys on the 4th of July

The Boys on the 4th of July
Spencer and Jake